Monday, April 12, 2010

Mountain Duathlon






One week before the Big Bear race Zach and I decided to to head up to Coopers this past Saturday for the Mountain Duathlon part of the MASS. Turned out to be a nice day as 60 competitors took to the trails. I was too chicken to do the run so I assigned that task to Megan as I just wanted to ride my bike without all that running. Zach was eager to test the running legs after a winters worth of hard training. I was curious as to how I would feel after last weekends road race. Also wanted to check out the new bike as well before the first race to get all the bugs worked out.


As the race started I could see it was going to be a sprint as Zach was out front. Several competitors came to the transition area for the mountain bike and Zach was in 5th and looking strong. Megan came across shortly after and tagged me and off I went. Passing several people on the road side trail I headed down to the furnace and back up. The climb felt pretty good as I passed several more people and headed back to the transition. I tagged Megan andwent to see the carnage at the finsih line. Jason Cyr came across first to take the overall win. Zach came across shortly after to finish 6th overall and 1st in his class 20-29. Megan came acrossed the line not long thereafter as we took second in the relay. It was all in all a good day and a lot of fun. Looking forward to Big Bear and hope to see all of you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment