Monday, May 10, 2010

Mountwood Race Recap (AKA mudwood wrestling recap)






So fans the Motown Velo team headed to Mountwood the other weekend for the second race in the WVMBA series and it was sure to be an exciting race full of pleasure. Josh, Stephen and Jeremy rode together in the sport utility neon while Zach and myself headed down in my grandmothers car. We could tell it was going to be a wet one with all the rain falling. Zach and I are hydroplanning the entire way there, but we managed to make it. We arrive and it starts to rain a little harder and I'm thinking I should have changed my tires, but luckily for me Josh has a Mud X he lets me barrow. THANK YOU JOSH!! Zach helps me slip it in and I'm ready to go. All of us head out on the road to do some warming up and it seems that the rain has let off a little. We are all hoping the sun doesn't come out and make it humid and mucky. We gather ouselves at the start line and are ready to race. The expert class heads out and Stephen, Josh and Zach are all together as they head into the woods. Zach is having problems from the beginning with chain suck and still muscles his way to a 9th place finish. Josh and Stephen are racing hard and Josh is hot on Stephens tail, but after Josh fly's over the hill Stephen slips away as he finishes 5th. Josh charges on to Finish 7th. Meanwhile Jeremy is up front chasing a single speeder after he passes Jason Cyr. Jeremy finishes 1st in the expert class and has his first win of the season. Even with all the mud it turns out to be a good day as all four manage a top ten finish. Good job guys.
In the sport class myself and Scott performed well even with the conditions both placing in the top ten as Scott placed 8th and I placing 1st. Scott's brother in law Scott did well also as he placed second in the clydedale. Good job guys!


Thanks to everyone at Mountwood who put on the race. Thanks to RVMBA for keeping the trails up and helping make the race a lot of fun. It was wet and muddy, but the trails are well mantained. The course was well marked and no one had trouble knowing where to go which always makes a race that much more enjoyable. Hope to see everyone at the races!

1 comment:

  1. I guess I should tell my boyfriend to cut back on the 'roids.

    ReplyDelete