Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Chief Logan





Well fans this one started early for myself , Jeremy and old Timmy. A long mostly fun filled drive down with Tim. The weather was spotty the whole way down. With many a turtle spottings. Finally got there and the weather looked to be holding off. Was cool and dry. Everyone got a good warm up in and J was already feeling the curse of Logan. He was feeling the cramps coming on. Old Timmy helped him work them out before the start. The experts lined up just as it started to spit a little rain. And off we went, J had a good start followed by Joey, Steve, Morgan and myself. The trails were fast and dry. This short beginning loop saw several mechanicals. First to go was Joey and Steve was stopped with him. Then I ran across Jeremy with a flat and I realized DANG I am leading. I was so pumped. I tried to stay on the gas and remain calm as well. Sometimes a hard thing to do, but the faithfull Top Fuel kept me on track. About half way through the sky opened up and the real rain came. Not to worry though. The trails were well drained and hard packed. I managed to hold on to the lead and get my first expert win. J was there to meet me as I rolled in. His race didn't go as well. He double flatted and cramped up badly. Also heard that Timmy broke his chain on the course. Was a bit worried about that, but he managed and came in running. Turns out he ran just about half the course. Way to go little buddy. He ended up with a 5th place finish.

All and all Logan had some great trails and the park was awesome with plenty of things to do. Well worth a weekend get away. Also hope to see you at the up coming Big Bear 2 x 12. Myself and Josh will be taking it on. Wish us luck.

1 comment:

  1. awesome site guys and i was in the 14 and under group logan was a awesome race

    ReplyDelete