Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Phillippi Revisited!!






So a few weeks back the gang headed down to Phillippi for the Race to Lil Moe's. The whole gang was their as the weather was warm and the trails were dry. Josh had Jeremy and Stephen with him while Sean, Matt and Anthony rode down together. I was the last to arrive as I napped in and a slumber I did sleep. I was anxious to actually finish a race! And finish without running my bike across the finish line. The last couple of races had been tough for myself as I DNF at Spencer and my chain broke at Logan.

Stephen finished 4th. Sean 7th. Jeremy ran into some trouble along the course and after a couple flats decided to go swimming since it was so hot. In the Sport class is was a fast race from the beginning and I edged out 2nd place by 15 seconds to get 1st while Matt came in 4th. I got some sweet handlebars which I promptly had Stephen through on for me down at the shop (Wamsleycycles). In the Beginner race Anthony came in 9th for a top ten finish. I think me and Anthony came away with some scratches, but I recovered with my paper towel and packing tape as a bandage.

No comments:

Post a Comment