Thursday, August 12, 2010

Big Bear Ultra/ Appalachia Visited



So this is an extra special because you get two races all wrapped up in one post. Scott and I hit up the Big Bear Ultra the week of 08/07. It was a very pleasant day for the beginning of August which made for some pretty sweet racing conditions. Scott raced the Ultra-Light distance and ending up going home with one of those Big Bear Steins for nabbing 5th place. This was my second year racing the Ultra and I was determined to put in a better showing from last year's cramp/sufferfest. Don't be fooled by the picture above, I felt pretty good through 45 miles and ended up taking 37 minutes off my time from last year, placing 11th in the Open/Expert class.

The following Saturday it was off to Rowelsburg where I was the solo-MotownVelo member to enter the Appalachia Visted Road Race. There was rain, two big climbs, a sreaming downhill, and a whole slew of scattered 1/2/3's on the course. I was able to keep with the lead group for the first few miles of the ending 6 mile climb. After that gravity and wimpy legs took over and I finished the race in 7th place.

No comments:

Post a Comment